Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ready, set, novelize

The blog may be a little thin this month, since I am attempting to write a novel, part of the National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org) festivities.



The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November, plot, character development and polished writing be damned. After two days, I'm up and typing and am at 4,900 words. So far the plot is falling into the standard private detective loner getting involved in a case that's over his head. Pretty freaking original, ain't it?

But hey, the whole philosophy behind the event is to just write, no matter how much crap you produce. As a guy who has fancied himself some kind of fancy-pants writer for most of my adult life, actually having a kick in the pants to write a novel with no delusions of grandeur is refreshing and, so far, pretty darn fun.

I have not decided yet if I will be posting any of my crappy novel in progress here on Endangered Coffee, but I'm pretty sure that my blogging ego will win out, and that I will post scads of bad fiction in the attempt to keep this site looking hep and polished.

So, I gotta go

Only 45,100 words left to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home