Friday, January 20, 2006

Starbucks complaint department

Dear Mr. Starbucks:

Listen, I know that lots of people complain about Starbucks - they're killing independent cafes, the coffee is too expensive, the coffee's not that good.

Whatever. There's probably some truth in all of that, although that doesn't seem to stop all the people who complain from stopping in for their daily doses of non-fat double lattes.

But I just have one simple complaint that should be able to be easily rectified. When I ask for a coffee with room for cream, for God's sake, make sure there is room for more than a drop of cream. Whenever I ask for room for cream, whoever pours it usually leaves about 2 millimeters of space, just enough for me to add a drop of cream without splashing hot coffee all over myself, just enough cream to turn the coffee a quarter-shade less black. Thanks, barista guy!

Really, if you do not leave me a reasonable enough amount of space for cream in the future, I have no problems with pouring half the freaking cup of coffee into your garbage can so I can get it to a drinkable level.

Sincerely,

endangeredcoffee.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE COFFEE IS GREAT,THE SERVICE AND QUALITY OF YOUR MIXED BEVERIDGES LEAVE A LOT TO BE DESIRED.ONE DAY THE DRINK IS GOOD AND THE NEXT DAY IT TASTES TERRIBLE.$5.00 IS ALOT TO ASK IF YOU CANNOT BE CONSISTENT WITH THE FLAVOR.I WAITED AT YOUR EVANSTON,IL.STORE WITH ONE WOMAN IN FRONT OF ME FOR 8 MINUTES AND NEVER RECEIVED ANY TYPE OF SERVICE.THERE WERE THREE PEOPLE WORKING IN A BUSY STARBUCKS.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee is great ,but this store in Norwood MA on route 1 ,the BOCH place
is the dirtiest starbuck I ever been in,paper on the floor ,cigarettes etc.,it was disgusting and the coffee was cold ,cakes and cookies stale.
It wasn't a busy place , they should clean on a timely bases.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Susan Beader said...

I just left the Starbucks at the Countryside Mall in Clearwater, FL. There was a large poster advertising iced coffee with milk. I oredered an iced coffee with milk. I received an iced coffee with milk and enough sugar to put this diabetic into a coma. When I returned to the counter to correct this error, I received the same coffee back with more sugar. I finally received an ice coffe with milk. Then, some other employee insists that I owe an apology to the ladies behind the counter. I was assertive but not rude. For what, I ask, for poor service and an inferior product which endangered my health? Where do they find these people?

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a recent trip to Tampa I stopped at Starbucks in the airport.The barrister named Bush
was very rude
Thank you for your attention

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A relative of mine is a G.M. of one of your Phoenix stores. In the 8 years she's been with Starbucks she's never had one PDP done so she could advance thru the ranks of your Corporation. You keep hiring in D.M.'s from outside the company....they leave and yet you have people in positions that should move up into D.M. positions. She's asked every D.M. she's had and not one of them is doing their job by helping your "partners" advance. 11 D.M.'s in 8 years.........what's wrong with this picture? Why have other G.M.'s been written up and threatened with being fired because they were forced to use "training hours" because of new hires (all because of optimum sched) & your 40th anniversary roll out? Yet their partners in their stores can vouch for the hours used for training! Your great D.M.'s don't want to hear the truth......and neither do you Howard Schultz!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home