Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. And why not? It is probably the lowest stress holiday there is for me. I show up someplace, people feed me and there are pies and football games and no one has to worry about maxing out their credit cards buying gifts.

But yeah, I can see where it might be a little more stressful for the people feeding me and such, but I have made it this far without having to worry about stovetops and burners and lumpy vs. smooth mashed potatoes.

Ethan seems to be doing his damndest to change that.

Last night at dinner he asks me if I'm cooking a turkey. As near as I can remember, this is the conversation that followed:

Me: We're going to Kaileigh's for Thanksgiving.

E: But you are going to make a turkey?

Me: You realize it's Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure Aunt Pauline will have a turkey.

E: But you're going to make a turkey, too?

Me: I think we will only need one turkey.

E: I mean at your house, are you going to make a turkey?

Me: Oh, you mean a different day, like when I made a chicken in the crockpot?

E: But with a turkey

Me: You've seen my stove and crockpot, I don't have room to cook a turkey.

E: How about a little turkey?

Me: They don't really have little turkeys. I think you are thinking of a chicken.

E: Not a chicken, a little turkey!

Me: Okay, okay, I will work on the little turkey.

So, I guess we are never too old to establish new holiday traditions. And if anyone knows where I can get a little turkey that I can cram into my crockpot, let me know.

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

,,we just tossed out two Cornish game hens I won in a golf deal, damn that would have done it.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Long as we told him they were mini turkeys

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home