Monday, November 05, 2007

Break time

I am slogging my way through one of my final stories of the week for work a little before 9 p.m. As you can guess, since I am taking a break to write something that isn't what I'm supposed to be writing, the writing of what I am supposed to be writing isn't going all too wonderfully. And I just made myself dizzy with that sentence.

Sometimes, my job is great and the words just fly out of my fingers. Other times, I feel like I'm swimming in Jell-o, and spend half my time hitting that word count button until I grunt and groan and tap out enough words to hit that sweet spot between 500 and 600. At least I've never used The End in the word count (although I do count my byline).

The story of the moment is up to 376 words. Since I am feeling both tired and guilty for avoiding work, I am going to go back to writing the other thing that isn't this thing that I'm writing now. See you on the other side.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

I'm glad I don't HAVE to write for a living. I never have a problem with blog shit, my monthly reports are a different story!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Good luck, EC. I've had jobs where I've actually HAD to write (see today's blog for reference to a story about that) and it drove me to drugs.

(Well, to be honest, it drove me to MORE drugs, since I was already taking them.)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Blah Society said...

I actually miss writing.

Since I've returned to school to become a teacher, the only writing I do (and barely have time to do) is on my blogs.

Lately, I've been trying to take my blog more seriously and have even begun writing on a more local level compared to a random one. However, my sports blog is pure randomness!

I always think about going back to writing freelance for the paper, but something keeps me away. I think it's the worries of a more congested schedule.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Blah Society said...

http://ajcordi.blogspot.com/2007/11/flaming-moe-duff-beer-reality-almost.html

...Thought you'd like that since you comments on my post about Buzz Cola.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home