Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random sports trivialities

I don't know about you, but I'm much happier that we don't have to put up with the Patriots as the exemplary class organization that should serve as a model for every other sports franchise, political campaign, or religious leader. It's football, dagnabit, and as long as the players aren't riding down the street in pickup trucks shooting my neighbors, I don't really care what they do. The only thing that matters is pounding the thugs from other professional football cities into submission, and it looks like the Pats will end up doing that better this year than any other team has done for quite some time. If they end up becoming the East Coast version of the Raiders in the process, fine by me. I sincerely doubt Tom Brady or Rodney Harrison are going to be stopping by the EC manse anytime soon for dinner.

As for the Red Sox.....PANIC....just kidding. The Red Sox were a great team in April and May. In case you haven't noticed, they've been pretty darn average since then. About all the late season flop proves to me is that 162 games is a very long season. And don't forget, the Cardinals weren't exactly setting the world on fire when the playoffs began last year.

Finally (because, like everyone else, I'm ignoring the Bruins here), I'm kind of intrigued by the All-Star Celtics lineup this year. I grew up in the 80s, when roundball was king around these parts, and for the past couple years, the overall NBA game has been improving. So, yes, I will have to find out where Fox Sports New England is on the cable box.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Keep an eye on BC football, too. They'll be cracking the top 10 nationally in a week or two.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

As a matter of fact...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the clincher Friday night, just flew into town for the game, Good Times!
Pats-legit SB contenders
Red Sox-legit WS contender
BC-legit BCS contender
Celts- legit....something

Could be a banner sports year in Boston! What's the story with the new job?

Scudder

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home