Thursday, January 03, 2008

TV Boy

Yeah, I know what I said about BB EC and the television. Yeah, I say a lot of things, and if you believe most of it, you're a fool.

So we bought some Baby Einstein videos for the little guy, and know what, he loves them, it's about the only television he watches (with the exception of the Fox Morning News) and I'm pretty sure it won't turn him into a lunkhead.

So far we have two of the videos, baby Beethoven and baby Mozart. Not quite the full orchestra versions of the music, but what the hell, it beats Barney and the Wiggles, I'd imagine. The videos themselves are filled with random puppet action and spinning toys. They're actually kind of trippy, and if you threw a little Dark Star in the background, you would have a perfectly serviceable Baby Grateful Dead video. I know the videos won't turn BB EC into a genius (genetics should take care of that, hahaha) but I really can't believe that watching puppets and listening to Mozart is harmful to babies. It's not like I'm going to shove him in front of the tube and make him watch Kickboxer with Jean Claude Van Damme just to keep him quiet when he cries.

Oh yeah, the crawling thing is also proceeding along nicely, really getting the knack for it, so good in fact, in one day he fell on his face and bruised himself and closed his finger in a drawer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

I never had kids. If I had had some, I would have raised them on Three Stooges videos.

Moe: What did you eat as a baby?
Curley: Weeds.

The world should re-read my first sentence and be grateful.

8:53 AM  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

My oldest used to like Baby Genius Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home