Thursday, May 21, 2009

I ain't got crap to eat for lunch

This morning, I am getting ready for work, packing up my lunch, putting my bags near the door to take out to the car, trailing behind the toddler and picking up the pieces of cinnamon bread he is leaving around the house, when I notice a certain distinctive smell emanating from said toddler’s backside.

Put down my lunch, change the toddler, throw the offending diaper in the trash, and put the trash bag to go outside, since today is trash day. The missus finishes getting the toddler ready for daycare, and I take our bags out to our cars. Mind you, I have the smelly diaper trash bag in one hand, my delicious fish and chips that the missus made in another plastic bag in the other hand.

I’m pretty sure you can now see where this story is heading ...

I’m driving to work, and I notice a certain distinctive smell emanating from the plastic bag which until recently I had assumed contained the missus’ delicious fish and chips.

I suppose the only upside to this story is that I caught this mix up before getting to work, saving me the embarrassment of carrying the said bag with the distinctive smell into the office, putting it in the refrigerator, and then opening it up at the lunch table.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

So then, the proper title for this piece would be "I DO got crap to eat for lunch."

But hey, that's what fast food is for, right?

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! No! Oh shoot. The first commenter had it right :)!

Thanks for visiting!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I love it. But I would've loved it more if you'd only noticed at lunch.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Thank God you didn't get it into the fridge at work! Could you imagine the embarrassment - not to mention possibly having to buy all of your co-workers lunch to replace theirs? :-)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home