Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bad parenting tip of the day

Not officially being a parent quite yet, I hesitate to criticize others for their parenting techniques. Even still, I think I'm not going very far out on a limb when I say that it probably isn't a very good idea to jack on the brakes and completely stop your car in the middle of the street to yell at your kids.

Which is pretty much what I saw happen today as I got home from work and pulled into my driveway. I walking up my steps to get the mail, when I hear brakes and screaming coming from the street. I turn around expecting to see some kind of minor accident, or near miss, and all I see is a red car stopped dead in the middle of the road, with a young mother turned around to yell at two small children in the back seat. Now, I don't live on the busiest street in the city, but I'm sure that one of those big tree removal trucks that comes barrelling down the street on a regular basis don't have to be on the autobahn to cause a lot of damage to a small red Honda.

I will give screaming mom credit for having the kids in carseats, but on the other hand, that makes her stopping dead on the road to have a conniption fight even more ludicrous. I've heard that little buggers can be troublesome at times, but since they both appeared to be strapped into their car seats, I'm sure there was a lot less risk that they would start an accident than there was that crazy mom would get rearended by screeching to a halt.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill C said...

When our kids were younger I never did anything like that. I *always* pulled over onto the shoulder.

As for screaming... no comment.
:-P

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home