Friday, April 06, 2007

It's still nothing like really being pregnant

Oh lord. I was going to do a post on how blogging has become my form of nesting over the past few weeks as Mrs. E.C. gets ready to give birth to Baby Boy E.C., but I was thrown all out of sorts when I came across this website.

I did the normal Google image search to find just the right picture for this post, when I came upon the above image. HaHa, I thought, someone else has a sense of humor about this becoming a Dad thing. Then I clicked on the web link, and discovered that the photo of the "empathy belly" was meant to be taken seriously. Further proof that, as openminded as I try to remain, there are all kinds of alternate universes out there that I know nothing about.

So now I know, if I fail as a dad, it will be because I didn't have an empathy belly. In all fairness, I have been doing a decent job of gaining an empathy belly the old-fashioned way - through the heavy consumption of cheeseburgers and marshmallow-filled candy bars.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger "Dootz" said...

My friend, I never had an empathy belly either, and now have three sons who are...well adjusted, eh, maybe. Well. They're alive and well.

I DO have an empathy belly from today's candy gorging with my three half-adjusted sons.

*******
http://surfcountry.blogspot.com/

8:43 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Empathy belly... if I get kicked in the nuts, I don't ask MY WIFE to grab her labia and twist as hard as she can, so why in the hell would I wear one of those contraptions? Amazing.

Empathy involves feeling someone's pain emotionally, not physically. Dopes.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

OMG.. cheeseburgers. that sounds SO good right now!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home