Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Slowly being pulled into the web

Okay, I'm slightly more interested in the Red Sox season now.

Of course, it helps that today is the home opener.

And the Red Sox are winning something like 37-1.

God, I'm such a homer.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the new radio play-by-play guy? I don't find him too offensive although he does sound like he has what Mrs. E.C. would call the "fake man voice". Also, even though I haven't listend to a lot of innings on the radio yet, I've noticed that he uses "so and so is cartwheeling to the plate" a bit much.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger "Dootz" said...

Yeah, our maintenance guy stopped by my office an hour ago before I left work and said that the score was 13-1 in the sixth. Definitely made me more interested in the rest of the season with a start like that.

But can someone tell me please the marketing thinking behind calling the new pitcher "Dice-K." What's that all about?

*****
http://surfcountry.blogspot.com

5:13 PM  
Blogger endangered coffee said...

Hey Dootz -

I think the Dice-K thing is basically the pronunciation of his name made easy for us Americans. Although it does make me think of those fuzzy dice that hang from the rearview mirrors of most Camaros.

EC

5:17 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

I liked Jerry Trupiano a lot, so I'm sad he's gone. It will take a while to get used to the new voice. We'll see.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home