Friday, July 13, 2007

A chronological list of my jobs over the past 23 years

- Furniture store (three hours)
- Elks Club washing dishes
- Catering business
- Drycleaners
- Purity Supreme/Stop and Shop (nearly eight years through high school and college– longest held job ever)
- Newspaper – South Shore (where I took a pay cut from what I made at the Purity Supreme/Stop and Shop)
- Another newspaper – South Shore (where I also delivered the newspaper)
- Newspaper – Metrowest
- Delivering newspaper (Brookline)
- Johnny’s Foodmaster (this job and previous at same time as Metrowest newspaper)
- Construction reporting (Actually, neither construction nor reporting)
- Assorted and various freelance reporting assignments
- My wife’s company (part-time for one month)
- The produce section at BJs
- Trader Joes (where I was denied promotion because I was not chipper enough)
- Newspaper – North Shore/part-time
- Another newspaper – North Shore
- Newspaper – Back to South Shore

I’m sure there’s at least one job I’m missing somewhere along the line. And once again, I apologize to any Brookline Tab subscribers who did not get their papers reliably in 1999.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

Holy fuck, that a lot o' jobs!!!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Shit, I've worse ones than that. Too depressing to recap though. Need to move on. I'm afraid I now have the worst one I've ever had. It's pretty pathetic when your professional "career" sucks more than a job you had in high school. Yay, Friday.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

That's quite a list. I've got to put all of mine on paper sometime and see how we compare. I think we're close in number, but I might have more variety. I don't know.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Okay I'm sensing a trend in your list...
*thinks real hard*

Aha!

All your jobs begin with hyphens.

Also is there a bloggable story about the three hour tour as a furniture store employee? I'm thinking yes.

2:49 PM  
Blogger endangered coffee said...

Hi RaJ. If you check out the archives from October of 2005, you'll see a little something called Stickboy and Mustache Guy at the bottom and you will learn all about my three hours of delivering furniture. Tried to use the linky-thing on blogger, but couldn't get it to work so well, so I apologize for making you do the extra work, but I think you'll find it worth it, sinc SB and MG is still my favorite bit of writing on the site.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't believe Trader Joe's denied YOU a promotion due to a lack of chipperness---yes, I am being sarcastic...you could make mean, old Charlie-the-Bagger at Purity Supreme look chipper (as he stared down the old ladies and smushed their bread). Oh-those were the good old days!!!!

6:24 PM  
Blogger plez... said...

DANG! that looks like one per year... you must have at least 5 or 6 different 401(k) retirement accounts!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home