Friday, July 06, 2007

Dress in layers

It is generally better to wear too many pairs of pants than not enough.

Or

Somehow, I ended up at work today wearing a pair of running shorts under my trousers (and over my boxer shorts).

Or

When trying to rush off to work while trying to soothe a crying baby and taking the dog out, it is always best to take an extra minute to make sure your wardrobe won't get you scooped up by the men with nets and plopped in the funny farm.

So yes, it is a warm, humid day, and I have one too many layers of clothing someplace where it isn't all too easy to remove while at work.

Could have been worse. When I called up the missus to tell her about my 'wardrobe malfunction', I'm not sure she was convinced I had actually taken the extra step to put on trousers.

"Yeah, so I'm wore my running shorts to work," I told her.

"You're wearing pants, too, right?" she asked, none too convinced.

Guess I could always go for a jog after work.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Bill C said...

I might be confused but isn't that picture like, a famous runner? Name... thinking... Steve Prefontaine? I'd not recognize the face but I'm pretty sure he was from Oregon.

Okay sorry. Another work-related option: lose the pants, jog instead of walk, claim a productivity increase. Then if anyone takes you seriously and tries something similar? Let the mocking begin.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the extra article of clothing was unseen by your co-workers. It would have been worse if you had on, oh say, a tiara or feather boa or something (I'm just throwing this out there. These examples in no way reflect a personal experience).

5:05 PM  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I went to work with my slippers on back in March. I didn't notice until I was standing in line a Dunkin Donuts. Kids, damn kids.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

I'd pay a dollar to see a picture of you - at work - in a tiara.

6:51 AM  
Blogger endangered coffee said...

RaJ - You'd pay me a dollar or Kara a dollar? Because I would definitely hold out for $5.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Suldog said...

I once wore my entire softball uniform to work. I had a game immediately after work, the boss was out of town and I just damn well didn't feel like changing later on.

It was easily the most comfortable day I ever had at work. Well, except for the occasional comment from female co-workers concerning my half-spandex pants, but that was OK, too, in it's own sexist way.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

I'm willing to go a dollar apiece if it will make things happen.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home