Monday, May 14, 2007

Don't talk to me about your fancy-pants pitcher

I'm a Sox fan and have no reason to grouse about the second-best Japanese pitcher on the roster, but I think Jim Leyland hits the nail on the head here. Of course, I'm partial to grouchy old men.

And yesterday's game reminded me why I love baseball. Three hours of tedium capped by a half-inning of incredible drama and tension. I'm not the type who yells and screams about managerial decisions, but if I were an Orioles fan, pretty sure I wouldn't be too happy with Sam Perlozzo right about now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Ugh. I hate it when managers go "by the book." "The book" these days is to bring in someone to close the game, no matter how much of an amazing job your starter is doing. Every so often justice is served. What a bonehead move that was.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the game in Baltimore at the home of a friend who is fanatical about her O's and her Ravens. When Yuke was erroneously called out at home--I calmly looked over to her and said--it's still not over. I was talking *smack,* not even believing it myself--and then the O's blew it. Sometimes I have a hard time being a Sox fan...but god-love those O's fans...The O's Post-Cal are like the Celtics Post-Larry.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home