Friday, December 18, 2009

Today's report

1) So, there’s no half and half in the fridge at work today. Usually, when this happens, I am split down the middle as whether to drink my coffee black or add the nondairy creamer powder that comes in the industrial size BJs containers. Really, I should just stick to the black coffee in these situations. Even if I can’t really tell the difference in taste between the half and half and the powdered stuff, I inevitably spend my whole time drinking my coffee thinking “Wow, this stuff seems just like something that would cause cancer in lab rats.”

2) A good percentage of the time when I am debating the benefits and pitfalls of black coffee versus the white nondairy death powder at the coffee machine, there will be two or more of my coworkers discussing their fantasy football teams. I don’t know, I guess I don’t really get the appeal of fantasy football. It eats away at the concept of the team versus the individual when it comes to appreciating sports. Or maybe I just have enough other inane pursuits to eat up my day.

3) I need to read more. Books I mean. I’m thinking of coming up with some kind of position paper on my stance on Kindles and Nooks and other electronic book reading gizmo-type things. The Ludditte in me seems like they will never be able to replace the feeling you get from holding a tome of some weight and heft with actual moving pages in your hand, but the part of me that likes bright shiny things seems like it would love the chance to carry around a library of 100s of books in my back pocket and having instant access to hundreds of thousands of titles within a minute. Something to mutter to myself about at a future date, I suppose. Right now, I just need to read more books, no matter how they get to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like 1/2 & 1/2 in my joe too. But those few occasions that it isn't available. I find that I actually like black coffee. Healthy caffeine without the fat...I may be on to something. Or something.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home