Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy birthday to me

Strike up the band, bake a cake, and light a candle; Endangered Coffee turns one-year-old today. To celebrate this auspicious occasion, I offer a new post hewing closing to my philosophy of giving my close to dozen readers more of the same - mainly embarrassing stories about my recent and not so recent past and random thoughts about things that tick me off.

Over the past year, Endangered Coffee has met all my expectations of success, mainly because I have always kept my expectations low. Most importantly, I have updated the site on a fairly regular basis, pretty much guaranteeing that Endangered Coffee is much more successful than my attempts at learning karate or how to play guitar many years ago or more my more recent attempt to write a novel during National Novel Writing Month (although I reserve the right to attempt to scale that mountain once again when November rolls around). Almost importantly, I’ve been pretty happy with the overall doofus quality of what I’ve posted, and most of the handful of friends, family, and random strangers who’ve stumbled across these posts seem to agree. Now, if I could only get them to give me money for writing about stupid stuff I’ve done.

If I had to pick my favorite post, I’d have to go with Stickboy and Mustache Guy. Least favorite, well, the whole Like A Rolling Pin deal hasn’t been updated in months, so I’ll just leave it at that.

So, anyway, I promised, embarrassing story. I’ll keep it short. I was off from work for a week. Coming back on Monday, apparently I was out of practice on some of the finer points of my job, such as drinking for the water cooler. I poured myself some water into one of those little Dixie cups, went to toss it down my gullet, and missed badly. Somehow, the contents of the Dixie cup ended up on my shirt and tie. Man, work can be tough.

I also promised a random thought on something that ticks me off, but honestly, tain’t much bothering me right now, not even the heat. Really, people, it’s summer. I wonder if the people who complain about the heat are also the ones who are shocked when we get a foot of snow in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home